The Center for Quantitative Science is accepting applications for 1 Reader/Grader for winter 2017 Q SCI 483: Statistical Inference in Applied Research II: Regression Analysis for Ecologists and Resource Managers (Professor Patrick Tobin).
- Competency with statistics
- (preferred) Experience with Q SCI courses, and the Q SCI 482/483 course series in particular
- Current academic standing as a UW Graduate Student
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration
- Reader/Graders should expect to average a maximum of 10-15 hours/week, 12/16/2016 – 3/15/17
- Hold office hours
- Grade exams and assignments
- Help answer email and discussion board questions
- Other duties as assigned by instructor
- Tuition and fees are not covered as part of your appointment. You are responsible for paying all tuition and fees that are required based on the number of credits for which you enroll. In order to maintain eligibility for this appointment, you will need to be enrolled for at least 4 credits (graduate masters and professional students), 2 credits (PhD candidates) for each quarter in which you hold the appointment. As a University of Washington student you are eligible to enroll in the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan. Information on this plan is at: http://hr.uw.edu/labor/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2016/07/ins_offletaddndm_nongaip.pdf
- This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions.
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Brief statement of how your skills and experiences are a match for the position. Include your home department, advisor, and academic status (in Masters Program, In PhD program but haven’t completed general exam, completed General Exam). Note whether or not you have served as a TA or Reader/Grader before. List Q SCI or equivalent courses you have completed.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450/206.543.6452 (tty) or email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission.