The German Academic Exchange Program (DAAD) is currently accepting applications for its Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE) Professional summer research internship program. The program allows graduate students the opportunity to intern in Germany at companies and non-university research institutions with strong relations to industry.
· The program is open to students in the fields of: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Sciences, Engineering, or a closely related field
· All participants receive a scholarship from DAAD and an additional stipend from their host company/institution to help cover living expenses
· Awardees are provided up to three months of funding, to be used either during summer or autumn quarter
· German language requirements vary according to internship placement—a large number of opportunities do not require prior knowledge of German
· Applicants must maintain enrollment as a graduate student at a North American, accredited higher education institution during the time of the internship
Internship placements are available at companies and institutes such as Bayer, Simens, Nokia, BMW, Merck, Robert Bosch, and many more.
The deadline to apply for an internship placement in summer or autumn 2017 is JANUARY 31, 2017. For more information, please visit DAAD’s Rise Professional webpages.