Students & Startups Info Sessions
The UW Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship works with students of every major and discipline, whether they are merely curious about startups and entrepreneurship or passionate about starting their own company while in college. We provide opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students across campus in the form of majors, minors, certificates, competitions, mentoring, resources, and more. Join us at one of three “Students & Startups Info Sessions” to learn about the Buerk Center! RSVP: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/mabryl/318248
· Thursday, January 5 | 1:30-2:30 in Paccar 299
· Tuesday, January 10 | 4:30-5:30 in Dempsey 211
· Friday, January 13 | 12-1pm in Dempsey 211
Networking Night for Student Entrepreneurs
Students from programs and majors across campus are invited to the UW Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship’s final networking/meetup event of the year. If you’re a student putting together a team for one of our innovation competitions or a student who would like to join a team (or if you’d just like to learn more!), join us! There will be plenty of food and beverages – bring your ID if you’re over 21. Don’t miss the opportunity, and the fun!
Thursday, January 19, 7:00–8:30 pm
Dempsey Hall, Anthony’s Executive Forum (3rd floor)
Build Your Own Business (BYOB) Workshop:
BYOB is an extracurricular drop-in workshop for undergraduates of any major who have an idea for a product or service and would like to share their idea, receive feedback from their peers and coaching from an experienced entrepreneur. No matter if you’ve got a startup in the works or are just beginning to develop an idea, this is a great way to meet other students and entrepreneurs who can help you build your idea into your own business! No registration required. Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1726227411027940/
General: What should you do with a startup idea?
Have an innovative idea? Great. Now you just need to design it, build a prototype, create a business plan, find funding, and do some marketing. Phew. Don’t know how to do all of that? No worries. The UW Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship (startup.washington.edu) offers resources, workshops, mentors, programs, and three annual competitions to help you! Email Leslie Mabry for more information: email@example.com
Three Innovation Competitions!
· Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge (EIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental problems
· Health Innovation Challenge (HIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions that address health and healthcare challenges
· Business Plan Competition (BPC): a WA-wide, multi-tiered startup competition at UW for students with big ideas and the passion to see them through