Foster Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship
2-Week ENTRE Digest | January 30, 2017
New Program: Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
The application is now open for the new 12-month Master of Science in Entrepreneurship at the Foster Business School. Learn more about the program online as well as the Buerk Center Instagram page, or join us at one of our upcoming Information Sessions where we’ll give you an overview of the program, discuss the admissions process, and answer any questions that you have. Register now and feel free to invite guests!
- Wednesday, February 1 from 4 to 5 pm in Dempsey Hall 211 – RSVP
- Wednesday, February 1 from 5:30 to 6:30 pm in Dempsey Hall 211 – RSVP
- Friday, February 10 from 12 to 1 pm online-only! – RSVP
Panel: Polishing Up Your Business Summary – this Wednesday
Targeted at Health and Environmental Innovation Challenge Teams, but open to all
Need some last minute pointers on your business summary you will use to enter the Hollomon Health or Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenges? Come hear this panel tell you what they recommend you have as essential components and how to best showcase your idea. Bring your draft for review! Details: Feb 1, 5:30-7:30pm, HUB 214
Grant Opportunity: $2500 for Conference Attendance & Customer Research
Do you have an idea but want to do more customer research? Why not attend a conference or talk to customers first-hand with a National Science Foundation I-Corps grant! Eligible teams receive $2,500! Deadline to apply is February 16. Questions? Email email@example.com
Workshop: Build Your Own Business (BYOB) – Next Tuesday, Feb 7
BYOB is an extracurricular drop-in workshop for undergraduates of any major who have an idea for a product or service and would like to share their idea, receive feedback from their peers and coaching from an experienced entrepreneur. No matter if you’ve got a startup in the works or are just beginning to develop an idea, this is a great way to meet other students and entrepreneurs who can help you build your idea into your own business! No registration required. Details: Feb 7, 6:00-7:30pm, DEM 211.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/909661222498188/
Info: What should you do with a startup idea?
Have an innovative idea? Great. Now you just need to design it, build a prototype, create a business plan, find funding, and do some marketing. Phew. Don’t know how to do all of that? No worries. The UW Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship (startup.washington.edu) offers resources, workshops, mentors, programs, and three annual competitions to help you! Email Leslie Mabry for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Innovation Competitions!
- Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge (EIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental problems
- Health Innovation Challenge (HIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions that address health and healthcare challenges
- Business Plan Competition (BPC): a WA-wide, multi-tiered startup competition at UW for students with big ideas and the passion to see them through