Planning to enter the 2017 Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge? It’s time for teams to open and complete the team registration form for the competition, then upload their 5-7 page Business Summary by February 20.
- Complete the Team Registration Form
o All team members must be registered
o Teams may edit/add information up until March 9
o Need Team Members? Check out the Student Entrepreneur Team Building site. Register an account as a team looking for members, or an individual with skills searching for a good team to join. (Note: This site is for college/university student use only.)
- Prepare Your Business Summary
o Review the judging criteria for the Screening Round
o Attend “Polishing Up Your Business Summary” Panel and Workshop
Wed, Feb 1, 5:30-7:30pm, HUB 214
Need some last minute pointers on your business summary you will use to enter the Hollomon Health or Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenges? Come hear this panel tell you what they recommend you have as essential components and how to best showcase your idea. Bring your draft for review!
- Upload Your 5-7 page Business Summary by February 20, 11:59 pm (late entries not accepted)
The top 21 teams from the Screening Round advance to the Challenge on March 30.
Additional Resources and Opportunities to Support Teams
Office Hours with the Professionals – Thursday, Feb 9 | Open now by Appointment
3:00-5:00, Dempsey Hall, Herbold Innovation Lab 211
This is a unique opportunity to meet 1-on-1 with an expert for 30-minutes. To access the Office Hours appointment page, use your UW login, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Guest Login.
Open to teams entering the HIC, EIC, BPC – students only.
MBA HIC/EIC Business Development Consultants – by appointment only
Need a little advice on preparing your 5-7 page business summary? Make an appointment with one of our fantastic experienced MBA Biz Dev Consultants! Get your name on the schedule here, or email Terri Butler, TLButler@uw.edu, if you need help.
Times available: Mondays 12:30-1:30pm or 6:00-7:00pm, Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm, Wednesdays 4:00-5:00pm, or Thursdays 9:30-10:30pm.
Instructor John Zagula is set to unroll his tools to help you learn how to get your early stage business ready for prime time. The classes are recorded and streamed live each Thursday night starting at 6:00 pm. Watch the video any time after the original broadcast.
Check out the Buerk Center’s Start-Up Resources webpage.
Environmental Innovation Challenge Key Dates
- January 30 Online Team Registration Opens
- February 1 5:30-7:30 pm HIC/EIC Panel #4 Panel of Experts: “Polishing up Your Business Summary”
- February 9 Office Hours
- February 16 Office Hours (opening soon)
- February 20 DEADLINE FOR OFFICIAL ENTRY into Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge, 5-7 page business summary due by 11:59 pm
- February 27 Teams notified of acceptance to the March 30 final Environmental Innovation Challenge event
- March 8 5:30-8:00 pm Mandatory pitch clinic for finalists
- March 26 1-page business summary due for finalists
- March 30 Environmental Innovation Challenge, Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
Questions? Email me!
Lauren Brohawn | Assistant Director
Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
Dempsey Hall 227, 206.685.3813 email@example.com