From June 2017 there is a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow position at the Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen, Norway in atmospheric dynamics. The postdoc position will focus on air-sea interaction processes in the Gulf Stream and Kuroshio regions with emphasis on the mechanisms acting on the temporal and spatial scales from fronts to synoptic storms.
The position is for a period of three years and part of the project “UNifying Perspectives on Atmosphere-ocean interactions during CyClone development” (UNPACC) funded by the Research Council of Norway. The work will be carried out with an international team (Australia, Japan, UK, USA).
Qualifications and work tasks:
– Candidate must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree within meteorology or a related field.
– Good knowledge in atmospheric dynamics.
– Good skills in programming (e.g., FORTRAN, Python, Shell scripting).
– Experience with analysis of model and reanalysis data as well as performing model simulations.
– Objective analysis of reanalysis and high-resolution model data using feature detection and statistical methods
– Idealized and case study simulations (coupled and un-coupled)
For more details and information on how to apply, please visit:
Closing date for applications: 2 April 2017