Dear College of the Environment Students,
The College of the Environment’s Academic Affairs team is hiring a Career Services & Academic Affairs Program Assistant to start June 2017. Undergraduate students with an interest in environmental careers and/or career services are encouraged to apply. If you have experience in or would like to learn more about event planning and program development, and you are a freshman, sophomore, or junior you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Details about this opportunity are below and can be found at https://washington-csm.symplicity.com/ with HuskyJobs ID 112980
If you have questions about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: College of the Environment – Academic Affairs
Position: College of the Environment Career Services & Academic Affairs Program Assistant
HuskyJobs ID: 112980
Posting open: 3/20/2017
Posting closes: 4/20/2017
Must be available to work 10-15 hours/week on at least 2 non-consecutive weekdays per week for a minimum of 3-hour shifts at a time.
Primary duties of the Student Career Services & Academic Affairs assistant include managing the College of the Environment Career Opportunities Page, coordinating the College of the Environment Undergraduate Student Ambassador Program, and assisting in the management, planning, and execution of events, such as the annual Environmental Career Fair and Future Student Visit Day.
Specifically, duties include:
- Posting career opportunities to the College of the Environment Career Opportunities Page regularly (at least every other day during the work week)
- Managing email@example.com email account to collect job announcements for posting in a timely manner and responding to user questions.
- Following up with employers to clarify questions about position announcements.
- Managing a regular schedule of advertising the Career Opportunities Page to employers and UW faculty, students, and staff.
- Tracking and analyzing Career Opportunities Page analytics for use in assessment and reporting.
- Assisting in the management and planning of major annual events (Environmental Career Fair, Future Student Visit Day, Admitted Student Preview Days, etc.), including room and equipment reservations, catering, recruitment, advertising, and other event-day logistics.
- Supporting the Student Ambassador Program with training, events, scheduling, and meeting logistics.
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and coordinating messaging between prospective students and student ambassadors.
- Performing other duties to assist the Office of Academic Affairs, including course promotion, logistics, and special projects.
College of the Environment – Dean’s Office
Seattle, Washington, United States
On-Campus Student Employment
Desired Class Level
Undergraduate (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior)
Candidates should have a genuine interest in the College’s focus on environment, sustainability, and conservation and specifically be interested in environmental career pathways and/or career services. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize several competing tasks and projects. In addition, candidates must be comfortable with computers, work well as a member of a team, communicate effectively with colleagues, exercise good judgment, be open to learning new skills, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Word (mail merge) and Excel
- Knowledge of how to edit and update web pages, specifically Word Press
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with academic standing, qualifications, and experience.
Email a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to the selection committee at email@example.com.
Priority Application Deadline: April 20, 2017