The Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) is hiring a graduate research assistant to help develop and publish a data literacy curriculum for the Data and Democracy project. This position will entail working on curriculum development and informal learning instruction for novice individual and organization users of data. Candidates should be comfortable with vocabulary and concepts related to data literacy and/or data lifecycles, but a deep knowledge of data is not specifically required.
This position will work up to a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following duties:
- Helping to expand and translate an existing data literacy learning model into a deliverable workshop curriculum
• Researching, adopting, or developing activities for novice data users
• Exploring relevant data sources that can be used for activities
• Writing clear and easy-to-follow directions
• Helping research and develop a model for publishing the curriculum on the web
- University of Washington Graduate Student enrolled for a minimum of 10 credits spring quarter 2017.
• Basic understanding of data literacy
• Writing for general audiences
- Experience in writing educational material, or developing curriculum for informal learning
• Experience teaching with data
• Experience developing workshop and educational materials for novice learners, or ESL
• Knowledge of data curation best practices
Questions regarding salary and benefits should be directed to iSchool Human Resources at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
Please submit all application materials no later than Apr 28, 2017 to ensure consideration. Apply here: https://jobs.ischool.uw.edu/posting/19
All applicants will be contacted two weeks after the position closes.
Note: This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit:
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please forward questions regarding your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org.