Great service learning opportunity below for undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing a STEM or Education degree. Students will develop leadership skills, earn additional elective credits towards graduation, and serve underrepresented, marginalized high school students. No Experience Required!
DO SOMETHING AMAZING THIS AUTUMN QUARTER FOR A LOCAL STUDENT
It is already time for you to register for Autumn quarter. Seattle MESA would like to invite you to make a difference next quarter in a high school student’s life. We are recruiting UW students for our tutoring program. The courses are listed under the College of the Environment as follows:
- C ENV 420 A: M 0430-620 BAG 106
- C ENV 420 B: T 1130-120 BAG 108
- C ENV 425 A: TBA
- C ENV 420 and 425 AA – AF (Tutoring Sections): TBA
If you are a dynamic student that has a passion for tutoring STEM subjects and a desire to help a high school student in his/her math and/or science class, this program is for you. If you are interested or have any questions please contact Dr. Gregory King at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 685-7907.
Some benefits to the program are:
- Earn up to 10 elective credits
- Develop your teaching/training skills
- Build confidence in your STEM subject area
- Work with other great volunteers
- Positively motivate and mentor a student
- Plus, MESA provides the transportation so you don’t have to drive your car, ride a bike or take the bus.
Join Seattle MESA’s Tutoring Program today!